Friday, February 29, 2008

back from the nest











What a wonderful time I had at art nest this past week. It seems i have had an art nest hangover (is that possible?) this entire week; missing each of my dear new friends, trying to put my life at home back together, and making sense of yet another creative high. Do you know how much laundry can pile up from six people in four days? Well, you don't want to know, it is enough to keep me busy for days, and my fridge at home smelled really bad.......even worse than our funky cuisine at the nest.
Anyhow, i am amazed at the women who came and the things I learned from them. I learned so much from our teachers, Anahata, Amy, and Pam. They were fabulous. Everyone finished numerous projects. When does that happen? I always go home from an art retreat with enough work for a few months, not this time. I actually had finished art pieces to show my family and dear friends. Thank you Anahata, Amy, and Pam you are the bomb............the art bomb that is....


I leave you with a few pictures of our candlelight dinner on Friday night after we had been making vintage jewelry all day in Amy's class. Look at these ladies glow in their new jewelry made by them. I was amazed at the talent of each of our little nesters........ they were amazing.



i miss you all.................
Candice

1 comment:

Dede Warren said...

Oh Candice I too had such a wonderful time. I am still floating about my messy, neglected nest lingering in the thoughts of all the fun I had. I hope you and Julie will allow me to return again one day.
Thanks for everything and take good care,
Dede